Avatrade

Breaking News

Alibaba's Chairman is stepping down


Alibaba's chairman - Jack Ma - is stepping down. 
Jack Ma is the founder of one of the largest and most succesful e-commerce companies in the world. 
his anouncement came last year but now is the time to say goodbuy, and everyone are looking for to see if he'll still be involved in any way with the e-commerce giants.

Ma posted a video and said: “I’m the person always looking forward. I don’t want to look at the things back.” Ma, a former English teacher, has previously said he will turn his attention to philanthropy, focusing on education in rural areas.
In an open letter announcing his resignation last year, Ma wrote: “I still have lots of dreams to pursue. Those who know me know that I do not like to sit idle. The world is big, and I am still young, so I want to try new things.”
When looking at the company's stock chart of the past year we see that investors took it for a ride, and it did not stay with a steady direction. But - since the beggining of 2019 the direction was mainly upward. with Daniel Zhang replacing Ma as the Chairman, we think that the company will continue to give its investors good return on their investment.

Alibaba stock in the past year
Alibaba stock in the past year